Saiu na Atlassian um report com alguns indicadores muito legais.
Uma pesquisa feita com um público controlado de 500 profissionais apontou:
73% of software development teams spend 10% – 50% of their time on updates and upgrades to their self-hosted software.Who knew “business as usual” meant 20-40 hours/week?
When teams aren’t in maintenance mode, they’re hunting for info:
92% of teams have to provide status updates weekly (or even more frequently).
Developers are the #1 purchasers of noise-cancelling headphones*
It takes 3.3 different tools just to uncover the status of a project.So many tools, so little time.
On average, Jira customers rely on fewer tools for status updates—2.3 tools vs 3.3 for non-users.
75% of development teams face issues with bugs, defects, or delays when it’s time to release.We’ll have what the other 25% is having
63% of teams with feature flagging report better testing of features or higher quality software.
On average, teams use 4.3 tools to move code from development to customer-facing production.
71% of those teams who use microservices report easier to test or deploy features.When microservice teams leverage platform-as-a-service, some of those important deployment functions are folded into the platform
Insufficient automated test coverage, additional manual processes, lack of build/deployment pipeline automation contribute to issues with manual testing for 62% of teams.And we thought we had issues
47% of teams ship changes and receive customer feedback faster with a CI/CD cloud solution.That’s not all—57% of teams report fewer bugs and outages, too.
93% of teams consider Customer Satisfaction as a top metric for success, but 60% say it’s difficult to measure for features they develop.
O relatório está disponível no site da atassian no post The future of software development is here